ICD 10 Project Manager Category: Type: Contract Location: Sacramento ,CA Id: 82637 Posted: 01/24/2013 Job Description
Mastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking an ICD-10 Project Manager for our client in the IT-Software domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract/ Full-time position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 12+ Months
Location: Sacramento, CA/ Zip Code: 95815
Compensation: Depend on Experience
Role: ICD-10 Project Manager
Role Description: The ICD-10 Project Manager would need to have at least 3 to 5 years of experience. This Candidate must have extensive Epic implementation and build experience and understand VCG Groupers, IMO, and Snomed.
The candidate must also be a clinician with informatics, understand clinical build and can relate to physicians and understands their needs.
- Responsible for the management of multiple medium sized projects and/or 1-3 large size projects that are highly complex. These types of projects cross multiple service lines and/or regions; have multiple facets of work teams that provide the output of deliverables, and/or multiple complex milestones or critical paths which can result in different outcomes of the work at hand and therefore take more resources and expertise to manage and see through to completion.
More senior role has responsibility for multiple large, complex projects with greater impact to the enterprise.
- Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts.
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
- Works under general direction of senior level management.
- Typically manages and mentors project coordinators, other members of the project team, and other project services staff as appropriate.
- Manages all aspects of assigned projects including scope, time and cost.
- Architects Project Plan structure.
- Manages issues, risks, and/or Project Scope Change Management processes and runs timely reports.
- Identifies and analyzes trends, and recommends solutions.
- Approves and oversees project documentation (including version control, that proper templates are used, that team members accurately check documents out/ in, etc.) and status reporting.
- Accountable for measuring and monitoring project resource capacity.
- Monitors and reports actual implementation progress against plan.
- Holds Project Team Members accountable for utilization of PWA.
- Monitors, reports, and coordinates with others to resolve issues that jeopardize the project plan timeline.
- Timely Escalation to Manager or Project Sponsor. 45%
- Leads development of the project charter.
- Identifies required resources across services lines as well as across affiliates.
- Negotiates resource assignment and schedule including overall timeline and key deliverables.
- Performs demand capacity analysis.
- Works with the implementation team and vendors to get answers to project questions, as assigned.
- Communicates information effectively to other team members.
- Assists in the development of the project training program and related materials as assigned.
- Remains up-to-date on changes and project updates.
- Responsible for providing education and support for Project Team Members in complying to the PWA and helping project team members think through project plan deliverables.
- Coaches Project Managers and project management staff on principles and techniques of effective project management.
- Accepts other assignments for specialty projects as requested and deemed appropriate by the assigned Manager.
- Manages project related risks and issues.
- Disseminates information related to project timeline and deliverables. 40%.
- May, depending upon project size and in the absence of a Project Coordinator, develop and maintain project infrastructure.
- Ensures workspace is available and that all team members are given appropriate levels of access.
- Files documents in the appropriate spot.
- Posts project deliverables and templates.
- Supports project lead by submitting one-liner project overview to project server during discovery phase for higher-level approval when assigned. 10%
- May, depending upon project size and in the absence of a Project Coordinator, provide administrative support for a project including:
- Scheduling meetings, including arranging for required rooms, materials and supplies.
- Preparing agendas, and takes and distributes minutes.
- Capturing and following-up on assignments. 5%
- Relevant work experience as typically acquired in 6 to 8 years.
- Knowledge of general Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK), project management methodologies and/or project methodology and project management methodology.
- Thorough understanding of current trends and strategies in healthcare and their application to information technologies is desired.
- Demonstrated experience using Project Management software tools.
- Experience with MS Project.
- Intermediate MS Word, SharePoint and MS Excel.
- Experience in the healthcare industry is desired.
- Communicate complex concepts and ideas effectively to all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in order to manage large complex projects (i.e., number of resources, functional areas, time requirements, and the organizational experience of the subject).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Develop, create and deliver presentations to all levels within the organization.
- Use higher level concepts to maintain schedule within Project Server (i.e., earned value and critical path, PERT).
- High level analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to complete projects in a timely manner with little or no supervision or direction.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence others without direct lines of authority.
- Requires forward thinking to identify potential issues and/or risks to resolve or minimize in advance.
- Handle multiple projects at one time.
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to handle multiple projects, multiple (and sometimes conflicting) priorities and adapt to change.
- Collaborative working style and ability to develop/sustain productive work relationships with key stakeholders across all areas and levels of the organization as well as external consultants.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn and improve understanding of project methodology and tools.
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years
Relocation: No, this position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Anuj Sharma
Recruiter Phone: 877 884 8834 (Ext: 2097)