Hadoop Administrator Category: Type: Contract Location: San Jose ,CA Id: 91681 Posted: 08/20/2013 Job Description
Mastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking a Hadoop Administrator for our client in the IT Services domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 3+ Months Contract
Location: San Jose, CA / Zip Code: 95113
Role: Hadoop Administrator
Role Description: The Hadoop Administrator would need to have at least 3+ years of experience.
- 8+ years of overall experience in systems management and administering Linux/Unix server hardware and operating system.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in deploying and administering a multi-petabyte Hadoop cluster and managing HDFS, Hue and all the related Hadoop tools.
- Well versed in installing & managing distributions of Hadoop (CDH3, CDH4, Cloudera manager, MapR, Horton works etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of Hadoop integration points with enterprise BI and EDW tools.
- Expertise in Python/PERL/Shell scripting and hands-on programming skills.
- Advanced knowledge in performance troubleshooting and tuning Hadoop clusters.
- Familiarity with installing and configuring monitoring tools for the Hadoop environment.
- Good knowledge of Hadoop cluster connectivity and security.
- Experience in troubleshooting Map Reduce job failures and issues with Hive, Pig, and HBase etc.
- Design, configure and manage the backup and disaster recovery for Hadoop data.
- Development experience in Hive, PIG, and HBase is desired.
- Hands-on development experience with Java programming is a plus.
Hadoop (P3 - Advanced)
Linux (P2 - Proficient)
UNIX - Shell Scripting (P2 - Proficient)
PERL (P1 - Novice)
Python (P1 - Novice)
Experience: Minimum 3+ years
Relocation: No, this position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: No
Recruiter Name: Avni Kaushik
Recruiter Phone: 877-884-8834 (Ext: 2052)